When I’m not writing letters or crafting or hanging out with whales I do a lot of more mundane things like reading or watching movies/TV series that I normally don’t talk too much about on this blog. But I kind of feel like adding a little bit of it so this is the start to a series of my favourites for every month.
- At the very beginning of the month I read this book with the simple title ‘The Disney Book’. I’ve always loved Disney movies and all the music from the movies so this book was really great. Besides some of the background history on how Walt Disney started the studios, how the movies were created and the theme parks there are beautiful images in there. You can just leaf through it without getting bored before actually reading it. That’s what I did after getting the book in december before I had the time to actually pick it up and read the whole thing. It’s not a massive book either, just under 200 pages so perfect if you like Disney.
Music: There are two soundtracks that I have been basically listening to non-stop this month.
- The School of Rock Musical Soundtrack is fantastic. I haven’t seen the musical but my sister did on her trip to the US in December and bought the CD so I got a chance to listen to it and just became obsessed. I’ve been listening to the songs every time on my way to work and just love the energy of the songs and how well the story is told through the music. Of course I know the movie and have actually watched it a few times. Now I really want to see the Musical though.
- The other CD is the Moana soundtrack. The Music in this movie is just so beautiful and there is not much more to say to it. I just love every single song in the movie.
- The second season of Fuller House started on Netflix at the beginning of January and I actually binge watched the whole season over two days or so. Even though it really isn’t the best show it just makes me feel super nostalgic and I love it. I grew up watching Full House on TV and it just makes me super happy to watch this.
- I’ve also rewatched a lot of Friends this month. Friends will always be one of my favourites, no matter how often I watch the episodes I always love them. I might be another nostalgia thing.
So that’s it, those are all my favourites from January :). What did you read or watch this month that just made you happy?